Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless internet connection failure  (Read 2289 times)

dd2000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Wireless internet connection failure
    « on: January 11, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »
    I'm running Windows 7 Pro, service pack 1, 64 bit on my desktop.  I was using a Netgear N150 Wireless USB adapter to connect to my home wifi network.  That stopped working, so I installed a TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N PCI adapter (TL-WN851ND).  The TP adapter has never worked, but is still attached.  I know the Netgear adapter works, because I used it in my Roku successfully.  I am currently connected to the internet using an ethernet cable connected directly to the router/modem.  At this point I have tried so many different ways to fix the problem, I have lost track of all the changes.  What steps can I take or settings can I check on my computer to make sure I didn't change something for the ethernet that is different than what I need to connect with the TP-Link wirelessly?  I think the problem is with my computer, but I don't know how to check it.  Thanks for any suggestions.