Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Automatic Repair Windows 10 not working (can't find a problem)  (Read 1850 times)

ThePunisherFan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Automatic Repair Windows 10 not working (can't find a problem)
    « on: December 25, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »
    I was watching a movie on VLC Media Player when suddenly my laptop froze (HP brand). So I couldn't do anything else so I turned off my laptop and turned it on again. Then the laptop was diagnosing and trying to repair my laptop (automatic repair on Windows 10).

My laptop couldn't find any problems, so the troubleshooting was not working. I tried to reset my laptop and keeping my files, but there was an issue: "can't reset/renew your pc because of not enough free space on where Windows is installed. The other option is to renew my pc without keeping my files, but I need my personal files.

What should I do? Help please!

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Automatic Repair Windows 10 not working (can't find a problem)
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
    can you boot the unit into Safe Mode so you can at least free up some space?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Automatic Repair Windows 10 not working (can't find a problem)
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »
    If the laptop can boot at all, he needs to do a backup of his computer. He will need some kind of excternal storage device to hold his persoanl data and settings.

Here is an CH article on Backup.

How to backup your computer