Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: storage - ssd - samsung - windows 10 - problems  (Read 1949 times)

djjohnnyss

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    storage - ssd - samsung - windows 10 - problems
    « on: January 13, 2018, 09:03:43 AM »
    Hello there! PLEASE i need help!!
    I just bought a new ssd samsung internal drive (SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 500GB) and after put it in the system-cage (correct)..
    I had one problem .. showing up on device manager but not in the computer and in storage management..
    I installed the samsung magician (with the cd which is included in the box) and everything was perfect.. (except i can't initialize it and format it to show it on my computer etc)
    The fact is that i was trying to figure out the problem with youtube videos and articles but i create second problem too..
    I think the second problem created when I went to device manager and i deactive the ssd (i want to restart it or something like this maybe to show it on my computer) and after that when i open the magician the AHCI mode deactivated and sata interface to => (from green color goes red)
    i remember it that there are activated in the beginnng!
    I have windows 10 (64bit) on a desktop pc (HP OMEN X 900-101nv) - (HP OMEN X by HP Desktop PC 900-1XX)

Motherboard HP 82E0
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/690503

P.S Sorry for my bad english.
    With Respect - Best Regards
    John S.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: storage - ssd - samsung - windows 10 - problems
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »
    so the new SSD is being added as a secondary drive in your PC?

what shows up now when you go to Control Panel > Administrative Tasks > Computer Management > Disk Management ?
    if you see the SSD listed, I would start from scratch by removing all partitions and reformatting.  (as long as there is no data on the drive which sounds like you haven't gotten that far yet)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: storage - ssd - samsung - windows 10 - problems
    « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
    Shorter route to DM rite clik My Computer...select Manage...then DM...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "