Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FireFox 52.7 ESR. You may like it.  (Read 3127 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
FireFox 52.7 ESR. You may like it.
« on: March 17, 2018, 12:09:19 AM »
Firefox users will note Firefox has been moving ahead.
The newest is version 59 and soon Mozilla will release version 60 when they are ready. Maybe version 60 will be the next ESR.
What is ESR:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as universities and other schools, county or city governments and businesses.

We encourage those who are deploying Firefox ESR to sign up for the Mozilla Enterprise mailing list available in English, French and German. This list is a great place to discuss deploying Firefox with other community members. Regular communications regarding product updates and support are also sent on the list by various Mozilla teams

The current ESR is 52.7 and is what I use  for all my browsing, unless there is some web site that will not work for me. One advantage of the 52.7 is that it is the version that allows legacy add-nos and extensions in Firefox.  For me it lets me use an older password manager that I prefer.

So, this is a commendation for FireFox ESR. It will get security updates, but the basic functionality does not change. It is available in a number of platforms and many, many  languages.  8)

Oh, forgot to mention, you want 52.7 for Windo2ws XP.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]