Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lazy computer refusing to wake  (Read 1981 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Lazy computer refusing to wake
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
Greetings CH members!

Long time, but I have to get a few second opinions cause im racking my head in whats up with this thing. Buddy of mine brought me his Lenovo T460s Thinkpad that refuses to wake from sleep. You close the lid or hit sleep in windows, and the power button does the classic "apple breathing" but no matter what you do afterwards it won't wake up. You gotta power it down and reboot.

I decided to mess with it a bit, and discovered it refuses to even power down properly (most of the time). I pulled the batteries to see it shuts off properly then, but sleep is no different.

The sleep issue occurs in Ubuntu as well as a clean windows install does eradicate the issue either. I have attempted to do a BIOS update through their utility as the version running is v1.13 and the latest update is v1.31 however upon restart to install the BIOS update it goes to sleep or whatever state its at thus not going through.

Certain forums suggested a BIOS reset, pull the CMOS etc. and none of those have worked. Attempting to install the update without the batteries, doesn't work as the utility wants a battery just in case plugged in.

Can anyone muster any other suggestions, because im running out of ideas?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Lazy computer refusing to wake
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 11:22:45 AM »
If this sleep symptom happens in Linux as well it's a BIOS setting...
Personally i would put in a Help ticket at Lenovo...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "