Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AMD Radeon HD 7650M series atimkpag.sys BSOD  (Read 9959 times)

Purkhz

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    AMD Radeon HD 7650M series atimkpag.sys BSOD
    « on: November 26, 2017, 11:13:40 AM »
    Good Evening,
    My PC was wroking fine until last week where my amd graphic card bugged and screen went black after that i had A BSOD with : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys).
    Note that i had tried to uninstall drivers for that graphic card using safe mode and downloading the latest version possible (15.7.1).
    Everytime i completely uninstall my graphic card with its drivers, i go back to normal boot and i reach my screen, then i go check device manager and i have an exclamation mark on my 2nd graphic card (Intel HD graphics 4000) that disappear after a while but when i install my AMD drivers it looks successful at first but when it asks me to reboot, when i do so , i got the BSOD again .. and i keep doing the same which is very annoying !
    note that i have tried to replace atikmpag.sys with a new one but i can't find the file on :C/AMD dir.
    am i doing something wrong or i have to wait for a while after installing the drivers ?
    i look forward to have a positive reply. -thanks in advance.
    in most forums i get the still answer (install your latest drivers and try again, which i have did 10 times) .. however i stopped doing so so i unistalled my AMD graphic card because i think its fried, so won't work again ...
    My PC is a HP Probook 4740S, means i got 2 graphic cards .. so now i get rid of one can i still be able to use the second intel hd graphics 4000 (at least i can use my pc like it was before, i don't care anymore about performance or such) ...
    PS: i already installed the lastest driver version for intel graphics, i got no exclamation mark on device manager but still i cant use that graphics card, so how im gonna fix this please anybody respond :(

Techjourney

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: AMD Radeon HD 7650M series atimkpag.sys BSOD
      « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »
      Have you disabled either the internal or external graphics card in the bios so you are only using one card?

This looks like some good information for resolving your issue

https://appuals.com/video_tdr_failure-atikmpag-sys-windows-8-110/
      « Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:03:20 PM by Techjourney »

Techjourney

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »
        I would make sure you have either the latest driver from AMD website or download and try a previous driver. Sometimes updated drivers is overrated.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 07:38:24 PM »
        Hasnt been back in almost a Month...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "