Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wifi network cant be turned on or showing the available networks  (Read 2323 times)

amaayaah

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    My Wifi Doesnt run well. Sometimes it gets stuck showing no networks and sometimes works. I've tried uninstalling drivers and tried updating and checked all the services related to it but seems everything from windows working fine. I have to restart the Laptop in order for the problem is fixed but it's just once every few times.. any helps please ?

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Wifi network cant be turned on or showing the available networks
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:37:26 PM »
    windows version?
    laptop make/model?
    inbuilt wifi adapter or add-on USB adaptor?

"just once every few times?"... does that mean once an hour, once a day?

instead of rebooting the PC, does disabling/re-enabling the wifi adapter in Control Panel >  Device Manager work?

amaayaah

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:57:25 AM »
      I have HP ENVY DV7 windows 10 1709version and it has qualcomm atheros wifi adapter.

The problem happens by luck. sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't and still can't figure out the problem is but what i do keep restarting the laptop until the wireless is running good back and if it doesn't it show the laptop as the wifi is turned off but when i press the wifi on through the panel it lags for around a minute and does nothing no matter how i try to turn it on, even from the settings.
      and just as a notice the laptop always turns on with wifi off even if i shutdown the laptop with wifi was kept on.

I just wonder if the boot has got to do anything about it and can't think of anything that makes the problem comes and goes by chance.

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 03:29:07 AM »
      when you uninstalled the wireless drivers, where did you get the latest ones from to reinstall... Qualcomm, HP or Windows Updates?