Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 Sound Card Issues  (Read 2052 times)

AwesomeBH

Topic Starter

Starter
  • If you wanna do something, do it I can't stop you.
    • Experience: Familiar
    Windows 10 Sound Card Issues
    « on: February 05, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »
    Hello everyone, so here's a bit of info on my PC.

Its a desktop I ordered off of amazon about two years ago, the OS originally ran win 7 but I upgraded it to win 10 which in it's self was a mistake because after that I Immediately started have sound issues, at first it was small and easy to fix but over the course of two years It has become more hard to fix and It's gotten to the point where my knowledge is no longer useful.   :(
    So I've tried alot of tips but none of them have worked. I hope maybe one of you can help before I have to give up or get a new sound card. Oh and P.S My sound is internal or built in, I have external speakers but those too do not work.

Thanks!  :||

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows 10 Sound Card Issues
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
    what is the make and model of the motherboard?
    perhaps the sound drivers are not Win10 compatible, or simply may need updating.

what is the sound issue?, just lose of sound?, intermittent issue?, only during game play?
    what have you been doing to fix the issue?, reloading drivers?, rebooting? etc...

AwesomeBH

Topic Starter

Starter
    • If you wanna do something, do it I can't stop you.
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
      what is the make and model of the motherboard?
      perhaps the sound drivers are not Win10 compatible, or simply may need updating.

what is the sound issue?, just lose of sound?, intermittent issue?, only during game play?
      what have you been doing to fix the issue?, reloading drivers?, rebooting? etc...

I have done all of those to try and solve it. The sound drivers have been updated and can run with win10 as they have in the past, I have no idea what the make/model of the motherboard is or how to check for that matter.
      When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
      Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 01:21:13 AM »
      take off the side cover and the manufactures details will be written on the motherboard.
      or take a shot of the inside of the case, attach it to your next post, and that should help.

VintronNZ

Beginner

• Never a dumb question.
        « Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
        Hi
        or you could run Speccy from here

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

Then after the report is run select file publish report and copy the web link here for analysis.

Thanks 

Mark.

Adviser
        • Forum Regular
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 08:27:05 PM »
        Speccy can certainly do that for you as well.

but a little heads up... if you read some of the posts on the Speccy thread at the Piriform Community Forum you'll see it's not the most reliable bit of kit out there.
        good, don't get me wrong, but not 100% accurate all the time.
        there's many posts about it reporting the wrong mobo temps, misreporting the number of RAM slots, not reporting certain graphics cards and more....

since this is a desktop, for the sake of a couple of screws, you get the info directly from the horses mouth so to speak. :)
        if it was a laptop, certainly, Speccy would be the better pain-free alternative.

(in no way detracting from your post VintronNZ, just a 'warning' regarding Speccy)