Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't select text with drag/double click  (Read 2590 times)

baal

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Can't select text with drag/double click
    « on: February 06, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »
    As the title says suddenly I cant select text by either dragging or double-clicking it in  Poker software I use (Bodog), it works fine if I press "Num lk" the grey highlight turns blue and It works but that has to be done for every instance, meaning when the "bet box" goes away and re-appears as its my turn to act I cant select the text again.

Recently it didnt recognize the keyboard so I had to reinstall the drivers (It is a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate) and also contacted the poker company and they told me nobody has reported this and I feel the issue is on my side and keyboard/settings related.

baal

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Can't select text with drag/double click
      « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:57:28 PM »
      anyone?

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 09:31:30 PM »
      I'll chime in to get the ball rolling, although I'm still not sure I understand the issue.

So highlighting text works fine in all other programs, but not in this poker software?
      if so, then that would strongly suggest the issue is with that software.
      bit it does work if you press (or hold down?) Num Lock?

is this a desktop or laptop?
      OS version?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:40:08 PM »
      The Application looks to be heavily skinned and probably re-implements basic Windows controls itself, making it IMO rather difficult to diagnose except by whomever wrote it.

The selected text highlighting gray for example isn't a Windows thing so it's hard to know what it means. It could mean the textbox doesn't have the focus but has a selection, for example. it could mean that $20 is higher than some other setting or maximum that is part of the game.

it seems like perhaps they have some special functionality based on Num Lock as well.

If you can select text correctly in other applications, then it is 100% on this app. Also, they lied when they said nobody had reported it, since you did!
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

baal

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
        I tested it on my laptop and it has the same issue so yeah apparently they broke something in the last update and are probably lying bout no reports v.v, thanks anyway guys