Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 monitors question  (Read 1842 times)

Janah

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
    2 monitors question
    « on: February 22, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »

anyone know how to change the field of view when playing on dual monitors spanned ? i mean so i can move the crosshair a bit over to one of the sides of the monitors so its not stuck in the center , aka move the field of view to the side a bit so it will be possible to game and play cs go with both monitors ?

hopefully u understand my point , i heard it was possible to do it this way, just dont know how.

Shandy

Intermediate
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: 2 monitors question
      « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
      Hi Janah.

Traditionally Field of View is a virtual camera property to define how wide the lens is, specifically the degree of the angle, determining how much of the environment is to be displayed on the screen in a single frame. Your cross hair is effectively like a sticker stuck on the middle of this lens, so it doesn't matter what degree you set your field of view to, the cross-hair will always be in the middle.

With your display adaptor drivers you may be able to shrink the display and shift it to the left or right slightly so that the centre will not be split between the monitors but it will probably look naff. Presumably where ever you get the cross-hair to be displayed you want that to be where your aim/gun is pointing right? Well I highly doubt CS:GO will give you control over this sadly. So I can't see any way that this would be possible aside from driver/software shifting your display to the left or right I'm afraid, which I don't think will create a very good gaming experience.

Everyone that I know who games on systems with two monitors only ever plays with the one. Some people do play with three monitors however, where the cross-hair would land in the middle of the centre screen.