Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No network access for IPV4 in windows 10  (Read 4322 times)

kwfine

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    No network access for IPV4 in windows 10
    « on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:37 AM »
    Hi all,

My PC has dual boot (Windows 7 and 10).
    My ISP has given me an account for me to access the Internet.
    So, when I need to connect my PC to the Internet, I have to type in the user ID and password accordingly.
    Anyways, in both Windows, I can access the Internet without any problems.

But, in Windows 10, I see that IPv4 is "No network access", (not in Windows 7).
    I have updated the network card's driver for Windows 10, and also tried these steps:
    Code: [Select]
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh int ipv4 reset
    netsh winsock reset

But "IPv4: No network access" is still there when I right click the network connection status in Windows 10.

Could you help me fix this please?

Thank you

Kitty

nil

• Global Moderator

• Intermediate
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: No network access for IPV4 in windows 10
      « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »
      What did your ISP say when you contacted their technical support and explained the problem?
      Do not communicate by sharing memory; instead, share memory by communicating.

--Effective Go

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: No network access for IPV4 in windows 10
      « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 12:07:56 PM »
      Adding a router in line between Modem and PC would fix for this. You could even have the user/password stored on the router to authenticate, and set up your router to only run on IPv4 for its DHCP enabled local network. This way no matter if the Modem gives the router a IPv4 or IPv6 address, your computer would always have IPv4.

If your connecting to a wifi or 3G or 4G service hosted by the ISP adding a router in line isnt that easy.

How are you exactly connected and what type of network connection and speed?