Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How Can I Know If My Mom Deleted My Crush On Facebook?  (Read 2440 times)

Steve221

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    How Can I Know If My Mom Deleted My Crush On Facebook?
    « on: February 23, 2018, 09:06:15 PM »
    I dated someone two years ago, who my Mom didn't like.  She seemed to be unhappy and angry about me being with her as a result of a difference in values.  I unknowingly logged into my FB account from my computer.  Around the time that I had told my Mom about my crush, it seeemed that she distanced herself from me and ultimately deleted me on social media.  We live in separate areas of the country now.  My initially acted "supportive" of me when I got ditched, but she is a very manipulative and phony person.  How do I know if she got in my account and made it look like she defriended me by defriending her and making her think I ditched her as FB chat was really our only means of communication at the time for whatever reason, we just didn't text/call each other and used FB instead.  Also, how could I tell if my mother sent messages to her in order to keep her away and then deleted them to make it look like it was me sending them without me realizing it.  It has been two years, and I still think about her everyday.  My Mom has been a very devious, cruel, and generally heartless person so I would not put this past her.  How can I determine if she didn't actually ditch me and this?  If I don't get an answer here, I will Facebook and ask them to retrieve deleted messages and/or activity from my activity log and get to the bottom of this.  I do not trust my hostile and verbally abusive and severely mentally ill mother, and I fundamentally don't believe that she 'ditched' me.  I think about this woman every single day, and it has been years.  In my bones, I KNOW that she did not ditch me like that, but I need help in proving this.  But in my bones, I know that someone did this, and I can only think of this scenario.  The traffic would have come from my network most likely, given this scenario.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: How Can I Know If My Mom Deleted My Crush On Facebook?
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »
    unusual topic for a computer help forum admittedly....

you could of course just ask her, but that seems fractured at best.
    in short, you are not going to know with any more certainty than you already claim.
    if FaceBook is willingly (care factor?) and capable (do they keep 2 years worth of data?) then they obviously would be a better resource to approach than PCHF.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:20:05 PM »
    Stalker in the making.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Steve221

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
      This wasn't the case.  Now that I remember, she had been kind of distancing herself for some time prior to abruptly defriending me.  For a while, she just kind of stopped responding to me prior to that.  So, if someone were hacking me like that, they would have had to have some method of preventing any messages from being sent between us using either my computer (and also my phone).  So, it simply wouldn't be possible for someone with essentially zero knowledge of computers to do something like this.  Frankly, I'm not even such a thing would be possible....... unless it was the Illuminati or something.  Which of course, is utterly absurd.  I was extremely intoxicated when I wrote this and as I'm re-reading it now........ I can see just how stupid this idea was. 

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      « Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:11:26 PM »
      alcohol + social media = not a good idea   :D

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »
      You are not bein hacked...you need to try and salvage whatever relationships you are after...

Dr. Phil used to stop by here years ago...but no longer.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "