Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Amazon prime, Siliverlight, Seamonkey and XP  (Read 8000 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Amazon prime, Siliverlight, Seamonkey and XP
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »
Amazon said my Windows XP is unsupported.   :o
I don't care, I just want to see a movie.
I found you can watch Amazon prime using Windows XP by:
opening  the Amazon site with SeaMonkey 2.5 browser.
If you don't have SilverLight  download the version for Windows XP.
You may need to re start SeaMonkey and then you will activate it.

Works for me. No, I don't know shy.
I will not reply right-away. I am watching The Tick on Amazon.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Amazon prime, Siliverlight, Seamonkey and XP
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
Thanks for sharing in case anyone is still stretching out XP as their main system.

My suggestion if anyone is using XP as their main system would be to install a dual-boot of a latest distro version of Linux so that you can have a secure environment as Linux as well as XP for software/program support for Windows and devices that dont have adequate Linux drivers for them. I like the Linux Mint distro myself. ( If anyone runs with this suggestion, be sure to backup your important data to an external hard drive in case you mess up and wipe the drive clean, also dont do this unless you have the original Windows XP installation media to reinstall clean if you run into troubles. )

As far as viewing content like streaming videos through Linux though, I have had issues due to Adobe throwing in the towel on Flash Support for Linux. This pushed me away from Linux as a replacement to Windows as for lots of websites use flash and its annoying to get the pop up stating sorry you cant view this page or play this game until you install Adobe Flash Version whatever it is now or newer.  :'(

Linux is suggested to be installed along side Windows on a system with XP if anyone is using the computer for online banking or making purchases as for its more secure as its patched regularly so far less likely to get your credit card or bank info stolen etc.