Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get my iBook to start up on OS 9.2  (Read 10631 times)

Steve Haendiges

Can't get my iBook to start up on OS 9.2
« on: December 20, 2005, 02:25:31 PM »
I have a white iBook bought in the US in summer of 2003.  I have Panther and OS 9.2.2 on it.

The first problem is that my internet access only works on OS 9.2 on my iBook.  I have been trying to get it to work on OS X Panther, but without any luck.  Now, for some reason, I cannot get my iBook to start up on OS 9.  It will startup using the OS 9 installation disk, but I can't connect to the Internet using that disk and it's not convenient anyway.

I have gone to Nework and when I try to restart on OS 9, I just get the little sound that says I cannot do that.  I have looked in the Console at the various logs.  The most recurrent message says something along the lines of

error running bliss

and then a lot of other stuff that is not understandable to me.  I could copy down the exact error message but it is pretty long.

In investigating, I think I read that perhaps there was an application in the OS 9 folder or the desktop that is not OS 9 compatible?  For some reason it won't allow to me restart on OS 9.

Any ideas about how to override the startup mechanism so that it starts up in OS 9?  I think I read a message in one of the logs saying that the disk was locked.  What does that mean exactly or what causes it??

I have fooled around with trying to start it up in different ways, but it always chooses the OS X startup disk.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks steve