Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer BSOD while trying to update  (Read 2588 times)

superBlast

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer BSOD while trying to update
    « on: March 16, 2018, 05:03:16 AM »
    Ah hello, I've been having a recurring problem with my computer. From what I can tell, each time my computer wants to update (it's windows 10) it fails to update and crashes with a BSOD that has the stop error "Critical Process Died" (I think, I'm not sure exactly what it said). And when I restart my computer says windows failed to update and is undoing the changes and then starts up as normal. So while my computer is fine now... I think it'll keep happening each time it tries to update and I fairly certain I want my computer to update.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer BSOD while trying to update
    « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:05:34 AM »
    What is make/model of computer and did it initially comes with Windows 10 or did you upgrade it to 10 or perform a clean install of 10 yourself?

superBlast

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:20:59 AM »
      It's a custom gaming built PC I had payed to be built for me. So I don't think it has a make and model. But I have been using it for well over a year now and the only problem I had with it was the fans in it died and I had to replace them because it was overheating.... that was a long while ago and this isn't acting the same way as it when it was over heating.

As for the Windows 10 thing, it's always had it.

spankBot

Rookie
      • I am Kane. I will help you.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 09:37:52 AM »
      It can depend on what the update is trying to do. Your hardware may not mesh with whatever update Windows in trying to implement. I always otp to download the updates only but I want Windows to allow me to decide what updates to install. Not all updates are needed,windows security updates sure, but MS does not guarantee hardware compatibility.