Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 98 OEM Disk  (Read 4262 times)

Marvin Watts

Windows 98 OEM Disk
« on: December 20, 2005, 05:44:17 PM »
I just got a Dell computer from a family member and they cannot seem to find the System Recovery or Driver disks. My problem is that I am trying to install a linksys pci wireless adapter and Windows keeps asking for the CD because there are some 98 files that are needed to complete the install.

What can i do if they do not find the CDs?

GX1_Man

Re: Windows 98 OEM Disk
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:04:50 PM »
See if you can borrow one, just for installation?

Tadracket

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 10:53:23 AM »
I am curious as to what file it is looking for? If it is looking for a driver, the nic should have come with a disk with 98 drivers on it. If not, hard wire it to the network and dl the file from linksys.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:07:28 PM »
I am curious as to what file it is looking for? If it is looking for a driver, the nic should have come with a disk with 98 drivers on it. If not, hard wire it to the network and dl the file from linksys.

I'm curious as to how you go about hardwiring a wireless adapter to a network and do downloads...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Tadracket

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 02:14:43 PM »
Well now, that is my secret  ;D. What I ment by that obviously confusing statement was connect the computer via ethernet cable, if an onboard interface or nic card is present, to the router. That is assuming you have a wireless router and are not trying to connect to the neighbor ;). Now if you would like to hardwire the wireless card to the network, get an A to D converter, a box of resistors, some duck tape and......no.....I think I will keep that one to myself still ;D.

merlin

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 04:04:13 PM »
Contact dell......nice story......maybe someone should write a book........