Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to Charge Acer Alpha Switch 12 with RavPower  (Read 2001 times)

capper

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Trying to Charge Acer Alpha Switch 12 with RavPower
    « on: March 18, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »
    I just bought a RavPower Super-C Series 26800mAh Portable Chargre so that I can re-charge my Acer Switch Alpha 12 laptop/tablet while traveling.  I can't seem to get it to work.  My Acer states that it's USB-C port can be used for charging.  I have tried connecting my new RavPower but it won't work.  Perhaps I'm not connecting it properly?  Can anyone please help???  Thanks...

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Trying to Charge Acer Alpha Switch 12 with RavPower
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
    I think we discussed this before, if not the Acer switch can't be charged thru the usb port only with a 19V adapter.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 09:26:27 PM »
    Sorry I was wrong   >:(

Seems with the correct adapter the usb c port can be used for charging as explained here. : 

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43000#_ga=2.38365987.1221564952.1521428047-768810088.1521428047

Seems it needs to be a 45W adapter with an output of  20V at 2.25A .

Sorry for the confusion, the internet is full of people with the same question looking for a suitable portable charger.
    At least now you know what to look for. Remember the 45W is for 1 charge if you need 2 or 3 charges the portable battery pack will need higher wattage.

And there is still the suggestion for the same price as the power pack get a tablet and use your preset RavPower Super-C Series to charge it.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 10:33:42 PM »
    Laptop Magazine did a review.
    Acer Switch Alpha 12 Review
    The article is about two years old. Newer machines are better and cost less.
    IMO you have two choices.
     A. Get a very expensive external power pack.
     B. Trade you machine in for a newer model.

Either way it will cost you money.  :(