Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to Connect the Printer  (Read 1930 times)

exquisig

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Unable to Connect the Printer
    « on: March 19, 2018, 09:25:51 PM »
    My laptop is in the different network segment from that of the printer in my office. I try to connect to the printer but with no luck. After I switch to another segment, everything's going well. Wonder what went wrong.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unable to Connect the Printer
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:22:54 AM »
    What you describe is normal.
    Making connections over segments of a network is a potential security issue. Your network administrator can help you with this.

Now then, what follows for a users that owns all of the equipment involved. A home user, not a member of a commercial business network.
    Home users can setup their own printer to make it a remote printer over the internet.Most makes of printers provide the software for this.

Let us suppose a user just bought an 4in1 Cannon or maybe HP from Best Buy or Walmart, or other major store.  Thee is a CD in the box that has all the instructions. (Do not buy a used printer that does not have all the stuff that came in the box. )

The instructions are specific to each make and model of printer.
    If the user has not already done that part of the setup, he can start the installation again   and include that part of the setup. Once that has been done, his printer will have an unique address that can be used top print anyway from any kind of device that has internet accede. Well, almost any devise.  8)
    HP says:

With HP Mobile Printing, you can easily print and scan to your HP DesignJet printer or MFP from your smartphone or tablet via wireless printing or Wi-Fi Direct. Plus print remotely by emailing files directly to ePrint-enabled printers.

Source:
    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/mobility/overview.html?jumpid=va_r11400_touchprinting

Other printer companies have that kind of stuff for what they sell.   8)