Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Low graphics memory after RAM installation  (Read 1862 times)

BlackFrancis

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Low graphics memory after RAM installation
    « on: March 31, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
    Hello folks,
    I recently had to replace a stick of RAM after a 2gig stick failed, which I replaced with a 4GB.

I opened up GTA4 this evening and found most of the environment was missing. Checking in Graphics options I see I only have 59mb available.

Another curiosity: I tried getting into BIOS to play around and the boot screen doesn't display before Windows initializes.

If anyone knows what these symptoms are, I'd really appreciate some tips. My system info is below

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 10110 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (76 GB Free); D: 232 GB (220 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z87-HD3
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Low graphics memory after RAM installation
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 07:26:20 AM »
    I don't know what these symptoms are, but maybe try booting with a different set of RAM? See if anything changes. If not, maybe it's something with the graphics card itself. Try booting with a different card to see if anything changes. If you don't have another card, try booting off of the on-board graphics. Let me know if any of this causes a change in video memory.

Best Wishes,
    Aj
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky