Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OC GURU 2 Cant find installation package error!  (Read 2579 times)

JupiterKOG

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    OC GURU 2 Cant find installation package error!
    « on: April 02, 2018, 03:21:30 AM »
    Why am i getting this error.

i will reinstall oc guru 2 as many times as i want then either straight away on the next restart or eventually it will come up with an error saying it cant find gigabyte oc guru 2.msi installation package

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: OC GURU 2 Cant find installation package error!
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:35:22 AM »
    Uninstall this and then reinstall clean. The path it shows in your pic is your user profile and its missing the file at the target path. Reinstallation should fix this. Additionally do not install this from the download location. Move the installation .exe or .msi file to a location such as C:\Utilities and run from there, this way you will keep a clean copy of the software that you install and they dont reside in a location that could be targeted for cleaning/cleanup such as temp locations are subject to.

However you state that you have already been down this path so something is removing files from your profile or you have corruption happening. If you used any PC Doctor, or PC Optimizer tools or anything like that to clean up your system they have a tendency to remove files from profiles and break stuff so just for you to be aware that the cause could have been a system utility finding it and removing it which broke OC GURU 2.

If your not using any utilities like this then be sure to perform a scan for malware or virus's as for they target profiles and the temp file path of this is unusual for a utility to reside from permanently in a profile.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: OC GURU 2 Cant find installation package error!
    « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »
    + 1 for Dave's advice...

Also if you intend to leave the app installed i would create a Folder prior to the install so the path remains the same no matter what.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "