Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Randomly restarting during games. (Already tried everything)  (Read 2348 times)

SOCOM

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Ive been trying to fix this issue for 4 months now, my pc is randomly restarting when i play video games, and its usually when the gpu goes over the temperature of 60C, i stress tested the gpu alone with it going up to 65C with no issues, i checked the vram itself as well as the ram slots on the mobo, since the bugcheckcode for the event viewer gave me #26, but now it gives me nothing, everything is 0. Checked every ram stick individually, 2 days of memtestx86. I bought a new PSU, the Evga 650W G3, still restarting though. Everything in the PC is Less than 1 year old, with some parts being just a few months old for example my cpu, psu, and cooler. I suspected it was the CPU, and ill go way back on this one. I used to play Dark souls 3, and one day out of nowhere, my pc started restarting on the highest settings of dark souls. GPU went up to 70C and *restart*, but this used to be when i still had my old cpu i5 6500 and it went on and on, and suddenly out of nowhere just stopped, got my new one on black friday i7 7700k, and it started doing it again a month later. Also i have to mention that ive had the problem where my display alone just crashed, with the game sounds still going in the background eventually coming to a stop, ive had that a few times on arma and miscreated, which is a gpu issue.

My CPU was also stress tested reaching up to 70C and my pc never restarted.

Also Checked the debug pattern on the mobo, everything flashed, until the last one, stopped for 5 secs and went on with the pc booting up.

I dont know what to do anymore, but i am sure as *censored* ready to throw this pc in the garbage.

Specs:

Asus RX 470

Crucial 2400 2x 4gb

i7 7700k

GB H270 HD3

Toshiba 2TB HDD

Cryorig H7

Evga 650W G3

Nothing is overclocked.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: PC Randomly restarting during games. (Already tried everything)
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »
    I would check the Temp ranges for that CPU....70c may be too high
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 12:05:57 PM »
    Last I knew Intel Processors would thermal throttle if they get too hot to avoid getting into unsafe territory for temps.

If you have a friend with a similar video card that they wouldnt mind helping you with this, you could swap video cards and then play the game and see what happens.

Last thing to be aware of is that hard drive health can mess up a system like this when information for virtual memory is written to disk and then is reread back into RAM. If the drive is handing back to RAM corrupt ( mismatching binary data ) to that of which should have been written to disk and back to RAM flawlessly, it can crash a system fast. I had a hard drive a ways back that in the middle of playing intensive games it would crash randomly, usually when a lot was going on in the game and lots of information passed between hard drive and RAM for virtual memory.  My solution was to replace the hard drive. I found this when I ran crystaldiskinfo for this drive and it flagged it as Warning in yellow with 26 bad sectors. Windows also had a warning in event log of delayed write errors. So worth double checking the hard drive health.

slack7639

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:11:21 PM »
      Control Panel / System / Advanced system settings / Advanced tab . . . Startup and Recovery - Settings button / [un-check] Automatically restart

So then the next time it does it, it will stop and give you the BSOD.  Get the error message shown at the bottom, and start googlin'

You could also look to find out the error in . . . Programs / Windows Admin Tools / Event Viewer / Windows Logs / . . . look in "Application" and "System"

lukaskupasz

• kraina szczescia w rzeszowie
      « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 01:18:50 AM »
      Have you tried running memtest86? If not I would run that against the system for at least 1 hour to make sure it doesn't come back with memory errors. If that doesn't have any errors I would also think a PSU problem.

slack7639

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 08:49:22 AM »
        I tried MemTest.  That's interesting to use, but it never found anything, and was not the fix.

From memory, the way to fix:  Make sure that you have the most current driver for your video card . . . If you have a laptop, go to the manufacturer's web page, and use the one listed there for it, that's important.

See if there are other updates that would be used by the game, like, make sure Windows has all the updates.

slack7639

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »
          Or, are you "over clocking"? . . . Put that back to normal . . . With the video card driver, put everything at the default settings

Also, make sure that your video card is on the Specs for the game.  In my experience, nVidia always works, ATI kind of works, but has issues.