Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Metacognition  (Read 1881 times)

Donald3030

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Metacognition
    « on: April 09, 2018, 05:03:42 PM »
    Hello,

As the introduction of meta-cognition in real-world is becoming more and more prevalent, what are your thoughts or concerns in regards to security risks/ exploitation's? I'm new to the IT world and am extremely interested in your thoughts in regards to this matter. I believe that it's an awesome way to gain access to secure/private data but, if exploited could affect the way we secure data entirely. From my understanding, meta-cognition is considered to be the most secure form of biometrics. If this is in fact the future of authentication how will this affect the way we do thing on a day to day basis in the next 10-15 years?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Metacognition
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:11:00 PM »
    "metacognition" is having thoughts regarding your own thoughts. I don't know how you are applying that term to IT or IT Security nor can I find anything online that would suggest it has some tech-related definition.

The best I can think of is it being introduced as a concept for the purpose of training Security staff to be able to recognize potential security problems, but I don't see how it applies to authentication.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.