Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: volume automaximises  (Read 2583 times)

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
volume automaximises
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
My Dell Inspiron Model 1545/PP41L laptop  came with Win7 Home Premium - the volume control used to automaximise. It got upgraded to Win10 Pro v1709, other things came right, but the volume still automaximises. It is out of warranty so Dell will not offer any free advice. Device Manager says that the audio driver is optimal. How can I gain control over the volume ?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: volume automaximises
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:19:37 PM »
What is  automaximise.
A word like that is used in Microsoft documentation for something else.
1.    Please go to “Control Panel - Ease of Access Center”.
2.    Go to “Make the mouse easier to use” and check the item “Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.”.
3.    Then go to “Make the keyboard easier to use” and uncheck the item “Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.”.
That is not about the volume control.   :-\

Maybe you want this:
https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/22474-automatic-volume-reduction.html

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: volume automaximises
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »
I did not get an email alert to this response - and that explains my late reply.
'automaximizes' = becomes maximum automatically - WHAT maximizes ? - the volume.
Your post refers to automatic reduction - my problem is the opposite  : automatic maximization.
I have found audio scales in various 'locations' where I can change the volume level, there is even an audio scale visible at top left of the desktop. and in each case the slider either returns to 100% IMMEDIATELY, or after a reboot. So I CAN reduce the volume, but only momentarily.  It is all the worse because something like an (irreduceable) alarm sounds when the laptop boots. BIOS appears to offer NO audio settings.