Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need driver for Suncom fx2000  (Read 2877 times)

mikeojai

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    need driver for Suncom fx2000
    « on: April 21, 2018, 12:50:47 PM »
    i am running windows 7 x64 pro.
    i have a analog to usb converter cable
    but i need a driver, can anyone help

Thanks

Mike

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: need driver for Suncom fx2000
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:26:23 PM »
    The adapter itself should have a driver for it, then through a virtual Game Port under USB identity you should be able to detect it from the game where the game should see it as a physical port. Then its a matter of game etc detecting that joystick and calibrating it sometimes in game control settings before playing game to map out button(s) and stick controls. Support for that ended at Windows 98SE.

It would work better paired with a older computer with a 15-pin Game Port .... I have seen some people sneak by to get older joysticks working by installing an old sound card that has the port on it, but that sound card would need to have a driver that is compatible with Windows 7, which might be a matter of forcing a Windows XP era driver onto Windows 7 in which Windows 7 would warn that its not signed for 7, but could be done.

More info on the port here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_port

I havent been successful with any of the Gameport to USB adapters having tried 2 different ones without success, so I have an older Core 2 Duo system with an older Creative Labs sound card that has the 15 pin Game Port for Joystick and my PS1 type controller which is also 15-pin Game Port. Only difference between my system and yours would be that mine is running Windows XP which Creative Labs made a driver for the Windows 98/Me era PCI Sound Card around 2001 through extended product support. I can get my sound card exact model if you want to search for that specific card on ebay etc. I havent tried it with 7, but many XP drivers can be forced to run on 7.