Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Drop down menus  (Read 4948 times)

stareandwonder

Drop down menus
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:33:40 AM »
Today i installed firefox 1.5 in conjunction to IE and it was working fine but then it started making my computer slower, so i uninstalled it. But now, when i right click, no menus show up and no drop down menus show up except when i hover my cursor upwards and they sort of materialise. I dont know whats wrong with it and any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Drop down menus
    « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:50:33 AM »
    stareandwonder
    But now, when i right click, no menus show up and no drop down menus show up except when i hover my cursor upwards and they sort of materialise.

What do you mean by " sort of materialize" ?
    Have you tried resetting IE settings to default ?
    What happens if you left click instead of right clicking ?
    Which operating system are you using ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

stareandwonder

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »
    Well i right click and if i move the cursor upwards, then the options come up one by one but not as a set menu style. They also have big spaces inbetween them.
    I already restored IE to its default settings but it was no use.
    If i left click, the tab opens, and if its already open, it minimizes.
    Im using Windows 2000 pro

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »
      stareandwonder
      If i left click, the tab opens, and if its already open, it minimizes.
       That sounds correct .....

You mentioned that with firefox installed everything slowed down..... That sounds a bit odd ......Have you swept your machine for bugs and spyware ?

And just to clarify .......when you had both firefox and IE installed ...your dropdown menus functioned properly.... and as soon as you removed firefox they didn't .......
      That would suggest that perhaps when you removed Firefox .......it was sharing some component used by IE and you removed it ......however there is usually a warning message that will pop up to indicate that some component which you are about to remove is required for other programs to properly function .

Can you test your mouse on another pc to be sure its ok ?

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.