Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What games could be better and how and why  (Read 5664 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What games could be better and how and why
« on: April 24, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »
Was in a discussion with a friend about games that could be done better, and how some of them the smallest detail means the difference between wanting to play it and being like meh, I'm moving on to another title.

Path of Exile:

The game that I thought was going to be awesome to play and possibly better than Diablo 2 & 3. First run of the game though I soon realized that my bag was full within minutes and great I need to either drop stuff on the ground to pick up better items or run back to town every minute or so to turn that into the credit system they had.

Credit System... https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Currency
The currency system in Path of Exile revolves around a variety of different orbs and scrolls. Each currency item serves a specific function in the crafting and enhancement of a character's equipment, or allowing restructuring of the character's passive skill tree in the case of the Orb of Regret.

So I figured well ok I will just buy bigger bags and work around the lack of coin ( copper/silver/gold ) money system they have in place. Looking for where to get bigger bags from a vendor though I found that the size of inventory is very constricted and they push you to drop stuff on the ground and keep the better item or even worse you have a full bag and want all the good stuff and cant decide what to get rid of because its all good for what items you picked as the best of the best after a short run.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/238960/discussions/0/152391920350220874/

I found myself wasting time unable to decide quickly what to drop and what to keep. And this bothered me so greatly that I said thats it and rage deleted the game from my system as it made me mad that it was designed this way which is not compatible with my choice of game play.

Maybe I was spoiled by games with large inventories and space to store items to amass a pile of wealth and powerful items over time of effort put into a game such as playing World of Warcraft with a private guild vault space, Diablo1,2,and 3 as well as Torchlight 1, and 2, as well as many other titles. But I could not conform to a system of such limited space.

A game should be one that is fun and not one that you get angry at its design. If angry that you died in the game you can go and try again as a challenge, but a challenge of playing with a McDonalds bag of space when use to a 55 gallon bag that just was not compatible with my gaming.

Oddly Path of Exile has a strong following so I guess its just me with a severely restricted inventory/bag space destroying the games playability.

Other than that the game was fun to play. I liked the shadows and lighting effects and the combat. But looking at inventory space and wasting time with what to keep and drop and I tried to work with that and only keep the best and eventually getting to where I had to drop good items. The fork in the road decision of to keep one thing or another was just too frustrating for me.