Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Monitor Shows Boot Up But Then Shows "no  (Read 2670 times)

sid3ll

New Monitor Shows Boot Up But Then Shows "no
« on: December 25, 2005, 09:49:06 AM »
Hey everyone, I just got a new Sony SDM-HS75 17" LCD monitor to replace an old 15" CRT for christmas...and i went to set it up tonight and when i did and turned my computer on it showed the bios and the windows XP loading but after it loaded it would go black and show the "No Input Signal" box on the screen and then go into sleep mode soon there after. I rebooted but the same thing happened... i know its not the computer because the CRT monitor has been working fine on it for almost a year now and still is working, but i'm baffled to as to what the problem is... followed the manuals troubleshooting instructions and installed the drivers and set the monitor setting to that of my new monitor, but that didnt work...also tried switching it into "Plug and Play" as the monitor setting but that didnt work either... however i booted it up in safe mode and got it to work, but it still wont work in regular mode...its being run on a radeon 9200...can anyone please offer me some advice as to how to get this working? any and all help is appreciated... Thank you - Justin

GX1_Man

Re: New Monitor Shows Boot Up But Then Shows "
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 11:26:04 AM »
What about the troubleshooting portion of the manual? Any clues there?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »
Try using the last known good configuration before loading Windows by pressing F8 or load Windows using the Windows VGA mode which forces a display mode any monitor can work with.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 01:33:33 PM by Raptor »

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 06:58:09 PM »
I suspect refresh rate is set higher than any LCD monitor can recognize.  Set to 60Hz.