Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I set up a auto DOS / BATCH FILE  (Read 3186 times)

shreked

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Can I set up a auto DOS / BATCH FILE
    « on: April 25, 2018, 01:28:56 PM »
    Hi

I have a 7 zip file that I need to unzip but not save it to personal computers but a folder on the server.

Im trying to make is easy so just a click on a icon and Im thinking of a script or command that someone clicks on and asks what subfolder they want to open within the folder and then asks for password thats on the subfolder and unzips as a complete folder to a specific location.

The script or command will always be in the folder so people can just click on it to open files. If 7 zip is difficult I can use the zip function in windows .

Im very rusty on .DOS so any reply in easy english would help.

Folder is C:\Downloads and there will be zipped sub folders within of which I need to unzip etc. They need to unzip to R:\DOWNLOADS

Has anyone any ideas or other suggestions?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can I set up a auto DOS / BATCH FILE
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »
    Supplying a solution to this... the solution can be used to send an e-mail to someone with a zipped file that had hidden malicious intent then of which the zipped contents decompressed to infect or attack etc.

*If you have access to said "server" you have a better means of implementing this "directly" either at the system or through remote system management options that you should have available to you as the system admin.

The danger with this one is that:

Im trying to make is easy so just a click on a icon and Im thinking of a script or command that someone clicks on and asks what subfolder they want to open within the folder and then asks for password thats on the subfolder and unzips as a complete folder to a specific location.

Can be automated in the batch supplied to you where instead of a user given a choice of path and password entry, these fields could be set to static values so that once they click on the "icon" it runs and unzips automatically password protected file and does whatever else you want.  :-\

Sorry about my caution in assisting with this, but as a system administrator yourself of this server, you should see how this could be easily used for wrong intent, and as a system admin you should have access to this said server so that this method of "others" running this on servers is not necessary.  ;D

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can I set up a auto DOS / BATCH FILE
    « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »
    Sounds nefarious.....Topic Closed.

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "