Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Cannon low-price 2500 inkjet printer. Skip it.  (Read 8829 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
The Cannon low-price 2500 inkjet printer. Skip it.
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
This is a negative review of a product.
Thank about it. If reviews are always positive, they become less helpfull. You want to know about the products tht annoy and frustrate users as well as the ones that are very good.
The Cannon 2500 is the one that will annoy you.
- three colors in one tiny cart.
 - It sucks up ink   
 - It will not print black if the color cart  empty.
 - The are  no  secondary carts from major vendors    >:(
(About that last point. It is very hard to find a source of  refilled carts. You cam get a kit and DIY, but the printer hesitates to print with the refilled cart until you press a button.)

The above are things you need to know and might have already suspected when you see the super low prices at Best Buy, Walmart and other stores.
Now here is what you did not guess:

The above image shows how it clutters the desktop of Windows 10 with its presumptuous software interface. IMO, that is the last straw.  Even if you make that thing very small, it is still there. It insists it has to have a place on your desktop.

I do not recommend this printer.   :(

Salmon Trout

Re: The Cannon low-price 2500 inkjet printer. Skip it.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:56:26 PM »
I once read in a US magazine that an optimist is someone who thinks he'll see anything from the cheap seats at a Neil Diamond concert. That guy probably buys cheap inkjets. It is you. geek?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
It's also possible that somebody who thinks they'll see anything from the cheap seats may not be an optimist as much as they may have recently visited an optometrist and been declared to have good vision.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »
Nowadays I'd pretty much never buy an inkjet (unless I absolutely needed to print photos on glossy paper), most/all of them are a complete rip off.  Used a few different lasers over the years and they have all worked brilliantly, had a couple of minor faults on really old ones but even then have been able to repair them really cheaply, they definitely work out cheaper in the long run.  *censored*, I'd rather pick up a used laser from eBay instead of spending the same amount on a brand new inkjet.  Then again, I moved home back in December and still haven't got around to unpacking and setting up my printer so that kinda says how much I use it nowadays!  :P

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:58:39 PM »
Retired use of inkjet printers 5 years ago. The ink is expensive and horrible for the occasionally print need. The inks dry up even though full of ink still. Horrible design for anyone who needs to print a few pages of paper 2 times a month. I thought that as long as I dont print much it would be not so bad. But the cartridges fail when they sit unused with ink drying to the outer surface and trying to fix this with a q-tip with alcohol on it ruins them as for I think the alcohol messes with the piezo that spits the ink out to paper.

I got a Kyocera laserjet for free and used that until the toner ran out. Then i recycled the heavy monster and got two laser printers for $29.99 each and they still work well because toner doesnt dry up. Being an infrequent to print user these laser printers that are cheap work out well. Not sure if they would hold up to daily printing in volume but they have worked for years now and still have yet to buy toner for them. I have printed about 300 pages through them so far and no problems yet.  ;D

Last use of it was to print out a video card rebate to fill out and mail in. Then printing out last years taxes to submit to IRS. Then before that was a christmas recipe as example of how infrequent I print. For important documents I have moved over to saving them as PDFs with DoPDF7. Saving paper and ink has saved so much money, and PDFs are usually only a few megs in size.