Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Heres a problem I'm trying to fix...  (Read 2590 times)

swub

Topic Starter

Starter

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    Heres a problem I'm trying to fix...
    « on: May 01, 2018, 10:44:26 AM »
    I recently purchase Windows 10 Pro to upgrade from Windows 10 Home.   During install I removed all existing partitions to start new. I do NOT recall it asking for a new password for built in Administrator.  I don't recall that is force me to put a password on the ONE user that would have admin rights. (It's my wife's computer.)  She at the time opted to just use a PIN to login. 

Now she doesn't want to use that either but to take it off she is prompted for her user password & GUESS what she doesn't remember it if she did have one.  I have found many sites hint to do a reset of her computer not looking forward to doing that.  Another site has a free trial but then they want to charge you to use their software.  Not crazy about paying for that.  I recall using a boot-able media (Linux) and then running some commands to get it changed.  This peeks my curiosity and sound like something I'd like to try.

Does anyone have any pointers on how I can get her computer straightened out?  Properly with a local administrator account known password that I could then hide once her account is setup the way she wants it.

Is it possible to have a Windows 10 Pro without being forced to use a password / pin or does my wife need to get use to it?

Thanks In Advance 4 the HELP!
    SWUB

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Heres a problem I'm trying to fix...
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:09:48 AM »
    Yes you can have Win10 (any version) not require a password to log on with.
    We (this forum) do not give out hints on how to bypass Windows login security for obvious reasons.
    My recommandation would be to reload Windows again (sucks I know).
    Make sure you have all your data backed up, but since you can’t log on anyway, this probably isn’t an option or necessary.

swub

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »
      We where able to login with her PIN but to remove the PIN you needed the PASSWORD.  She was going to keep using the PIN.  Found a solution. 

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 10:37:34 AM »
      Clean re-install is best suggestion...

Care to share your solution ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

swub

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 06:59:34 AM »