Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to recover Outlook data from OST file?  (Read 2162 times)

ravensmith

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How to recover Outlook data from OST file?
    « on: May 03, 2018, 05:37:44 AM »
    While accessing my emails in Outlook due, I abnormally shutdown the outlook because outlook is not responding. Now OST file is damaged. How can I recover data from OST file?

Salmon Trout

Re: How to recover Outlook data from OST file?
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »
    You do not say what version of Outlook you are using. If it is Outlook for Office 365, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2007, then you can try the SCANPST.EXE tool to analyse and (maybe) repair corruption in an OST file.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

There are 3rd party tools that you have to pay for, and Google will help you find some of these, but I would suggest reading this:

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/gtate/archive/2010/03/24/using-outlook-to-recover-data-from-offline-storage-files-osts/

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
    Here comes the SPAM...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 02:23:51 PM »
    Could this be call-and-response?

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 01:58:27 AM »
    Since you mention you have an OST file, use SCANOST.EXE but in reality yiou shouldn’t need to.
    As it is OST, therefore IMAP, all your emails are sync’d with your email server.
    I would delete the email account and recreate it back as an IMAP account that will then resync all your emails which should still be up on the server.