Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalling windows 2000 and delete partitions  (Read 4398 times)

fritoebola

Uninstalling windows 2000 and delete partitions
« on: December 27, 2005, 03:21:53 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to unistall win 2k. the problem is that everytime i tried to, i install a new os like a diferent partition, have no idea of how that happened (what so ever) so now when I start my laptop i have to decide between win 2k and win 2k to used it; :-/ and the funniest thing is that they are not the same, one was intalled a month ago and the other a week ago, I also have an unfinished intallation for the last time I tried to fix the problem so now I have to choose among win 2k, win 2k and win 2k setup before starting to use my laptop.
I just want to format everything and intall once and for last win 2k.
I have no idea (again) how to clean the disk, i'll REALLY appreciate any help. :-[

Thanks a lot.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 03:24:14 PM by fritoebola »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced

fritoebola

Re: Uninstalling windows 2000 and delete partition
    « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »
    I keep on trying but no success. please!!!!!
    those partitions are in fact multiple boot or something like that which are intall in diferent volumes of my disk, i really dont know what is going on there, just want to format my laptop :'( :'( :'(

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Uninstalling windows 2000 and delete partition
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
      Boot to the w2k disk, delete all the partitions, make a single partition, format to ntfs & you're good to go.
      Read the above link.
      Read the w2k screens.