Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wrap Browser and Adobe Flash Support for Linux OS WINE execution?  (Read 5645 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Years ago I had to get DOS NDIS2 drivers wrapped for Linux to make a network adapter work for example. Then came portable apps which is sort of a wrapping for Windows where I am guessing it just attaches the dependencies to the program so that it can run stand alone without an install required etc.

I'd like to use Linux more, but am faced with the issue that there are some roadblocks to by ability to use it more than I do because of reduced support for Linux over the years. Adobe has pretty much pulled out of continued support for Linux and so if your web surfing and hit a webpage that checks for what version of Flash your system is running and it sees the version locked version of Adobe Flash for Linux it says please update your Adobe Flash.

With WINE being able to run Windows applications and other for Windows/DOS PC programs, I was curious if a browser of say the latest version of Firefox for Windows and latest Adobe Flash could be bundled together and made into a portable app, then run that portable app through WINE or if there is a better method -or- if its already been tried and with no success due to some issue with WINE or elsewhere?