Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What kind of error is this?  (Read 6643 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What kind of error is this?
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:47:02 PM »
Look at this image please:

I have also made it an attachment in case my link bombs.

My Question.
What is this? I have never ever seen this before.
I am using Windows XP. MS said they no longer support XP, so why this message?

Anybody?  ???

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: What kind of error is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:07:36 PM »

That's a normal Application crash. Thje crash dialog will normally say "We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat the report as confidential and anonymous", It has this altered text if the executable is signed by Microsoft.

otherwise, it's normal. Microsoft Feeds Synchronization (part of IE that is  run through task scheduler to update RSS feeds) crashed.

Surely, you've seen a program crash before?

Or is your confusion because the message asks you to "tell microsoft about this problem" or that it encourages you to send an error report?

That's like running a program a person wrote that says "drop me a line to let me know what you think" only to learn that the person has died, and then wondering "well then why does the program tell me to send them an E-mail?"

Windows XP fell out of support, but the OS doesn't know that. They aren't going to release a final update that scours the product for anything that implies it is still supported and remove it. It's up the user to not be a yogurt.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.