Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Good Web Sites for Kids and Teens.  (Read 4622 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Good Web Sites for Kids and Teens.
« on: May 12, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »
This is about recommendations for good web sites four you children or grfandkids.

One might think of age groups like these:
Very young, ages 5 to 8 years.
In between age 9 to 12 years.
Teenagers from 13 to 18 years.

Of course, children's needs vary a lot.   8)

Here are some recent links that can give a parent a head start.
https://www.today.com/parents/moms-you-oughta-know-11-social-media-apps-teens-are-6C10833314

Moms, you oughta know: 11 social media apps teens are using now
Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Lela Davidson
Popular on TODAY.com
    Khloe Kardashian shares first video of baby True with the world
    Watch TODAY anchors get an on-air surprise — from their moms!
    Southwest pilot speaks out for the first time after deadly midair incident
    The 1 word Hoda Kotb loves to hear from daughter Haley Joy
    9 trendy sandals that are actually comfortable
by Taboola
More from TODAY.com
Mayim Bialik reveals why wearing a wedding dress on 'Big Bang Theory' was 'hard'
The start of the school year is a great incentive to remain (or get) relevant, or at least keep virtual tabs on your teens. You may use Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but guess what, Mom? The social media sites you understand are not the half of it.
According to a 2013 Pew Internet study, teens are sharing more information than ever. This spring tech news outlets reported that while teenagers are still active in the social media their parents know, they are increasingly seeking privacy and perceived anonymity on other sites.

Another:
http://www.pewinternet.org/2007/10/24/parent-and-teen-internet-use/

Report October 24, 2007
Parent and Teen Internet Use
By Alexandra Macgill
Teens are more likely than their parents to say digital technology makes their lives easier; Parents of teens are less likely now than in 2004 to say the internet is a good thing for their children.
Teens and their parents1 often have similar technology profiles in the gadgets they use and the frequency with which they use them. But teens are notably more likely than their parents to say that the internet and related technology has made their own lives easier.
    89% of online teens say the internet and other devices in their lives like cell phones, iPods, and digital cameras make their lives easier, while 71% of their parents say these technologies make their lives easier.

Here is what I wish my granddaughter would watch:
http://pbskids.org/
Just click on the link and see what I mean.
My question:
What sites do you recommend for any youngsters you know?   :)