Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound not transferring through HDMI  (Read 2695 times)

Devanno

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Sound not transferring through HDMI
    « on: May 14, 2018, 10:43:48 AM »
    Hello friends, this is the first time for me to post in this forum and i have a problem which got me mad i wish i can find a solution.
    I have connected my Laptop to the TV through HDMI the desktop is displayed on TV without problems but sound is not transferred .
    Solutions i have tried
    • There is attached photo with playback devices appeared to me i have switched default sound playback devices with no result
    • I have tried updating sound drives from dell official website and from device manger i found it updated
    • I restarted the laptop while HDMI connected with TV
    And no any solution worked
    Plz i need help in this problem

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sound not transferring through HDMI
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:18:03 PM »
    I had an issue with a HDMI cable before cause this. I replaced the HDMI cable and it fixed it. I had picture but no sound. I confirmed it was my cable by testing the TV connection from Laptop to TV and then the bluray player which also displayed picture but no sound. Not to say that this is your exact problem but it could be. If you have a known good HDMI cable to test with that will help know where the problem is at, cable, or connection from PC etc.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
    +1 with Dave.not only is their the HDMI standard on the laptop, and the one on the TV to 'match up' but there is the one for the cable as well.so check all three are using compatible HDMI versions.
    bit also, not all cables are created equal - and sometimes - paying more doesn't equate to better success.I've got lucky with el-cheapo cables when gold-plated, braided sheathed ones would not work. go figure.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:14:44 AM »
    The attached image seems to show that there isn't a Audio device for indicating the HDMI output. It would be indicated as "High Definition Audio Device (HDMI)". The ones listed are for your speakers, headphone jack, and Digital S/PDIF.

For an NVidia or AMD card usually those outputs are always displayed, even when not in use or unavailable. Intel graphics drivers are more dynamic- as I understand it they remove and add the audio devices based on when they are available- for example when you plug into a TV it should then add it after it negotiates the HDMI version with the device.

I notice you have an added output, "Voicemeeter" and after some googling it appears to be from a product called "Voicemeeter Banana". Perhaps it is interfering with the standard audio featureset and preventing the HDMI outputs from appearing? Given what the product is intended for- and it directly manipulates those very audio devices, it may be preventing the Intel graphics driver from adding the device.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.