Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New ruling aboujtslaes tax on Internet .  (Read 1977 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
New ruling aboujtslaes tax on Internet .
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
Ok, not breaking news yet So I put this in other.
Shortly the US Supreme court will rule on sales tax for the internet. This will have impact on you if you every buy or sell online anywhere in the USA.
E-bay has taken a negative position. They are against any sales taxon the Internet.

Here is part of a letter they have sent out:

eBay supports tax policy that is fair to entrepreneurs, artisans and small businesses and opposes efforts to impose taxes that are harmful to sellers like you, who are vital to the American economy. For all the small business sellers that use eBay there has never been a more critical time to stand against new and unfair Internet taxes.

The U.S. Supreme Court will make a decision in the coming weeks that could give states the right to tax every small business on the Internet. The issue is just as pressing on Capitol Hill. States, shopping center owners, and giant retailers are lobbying hard to increase taxes on small business owners like you, and everyone who buys from you online. When the Supreme Court makes its decision, it will bring together the various threads on the issue of Internet sales tax.
 Our leaders in Washington, D.C. and in state capitals across America need to know how you feel about new Internet tax burdens – burdens that could negatively impact your ability to sell online in a variety of ways.
They want you lo help them. But I did not post this to for tat reason. Rather, I put this here as a matter of interest and maybe some intelligent talk.

What do you think?
Would  Sales Tax for Internet trading hurt or help overall?
Why? Why Not?   
Or will it not make any impact?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:05:12 AM by Geek-9pm »

Salmon Trout

Re: New ruling aboujtslaes tax on Internet .
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »
Once again, I thank God I am British.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »
Once again, I thank God I am British.
Salmon Trout,
 You may already have heard that the USA imposes tax on its citizens even when they go abroad and work in another country.
http://time.com/money/4298634/expat-expatriate-taxes-us-myths/
Unfortunately, the idea that you’re no longer in thrall to Uncle Sam is a myth—and only one of several misconceptions people have about the taxation of U.S. expatriates.   ...
And it gets worse the more you read the US  law.  8)

John1397

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »
    Well you can always barter trade don't think IRS is in favor though