Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 MAJOR issue after update  (Read 2490 times)

sammeke33

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Windows 10 MAJOR issue after update
    « on: May 19, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »
    Hey guys, really hoping one of you can help me with this issue, since I've tried everything and can't seem to find a solution.

I wanna clarify, I run an Asus ROG G55 laptop that had no issues up to now whatsoever.

Now, yesterday windows asked me to apply a major update, ran it while I was sleeping, turned my laptop on in the morning only for him to start asking me what language I want my keyboard in (not a good start), then not being able to run windows, only through menu with second latest "OS version" I make it to the user password menu (where my pic is still showing) but once I enter the pass it goes through the entire process of 5 minutes of preparing apps etc..you know the deal, after which it loads me a blank black desktop with only recycle bin with nothing running. Can't run explorer without getting the error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist" along with some shell error, something similar to the error it shows me when entering at first. Nothing shows up and I don't know what to do, I'm desperate, and from searching for OS files through the startup menu I know everything is still there, and I'd rather keep it that way. Anyone have a solution? I've tried launching cmd, which works, but none of the commands, either through the desktop or startup menu have fixed anything.

Thank you so much...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows 10 MAJOR issue after update
    « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:37:26 PM »
    Was it on A/C power or battery ? ?...which update ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

sammeke33

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 11:41:21 PM »
      The newest update. The update is the culprit. Seeing as I'm checking forums, I know I'm apparently not the only person with this. The only solution unfortunately is resetting. This option wasn't available for me however, because I had to first manually through command prompt, reset the C: drive as primary. Then, the reset option became available again, and was able to fix it...

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 06:33:21 AM »
      See Here...

You may want to sign up there...one of the best Win  10 resources out there with great Tutorials...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "