Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error message when sending mail  (Read 2561 times)

Jerry7235

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    error message when sending mail
    « on: May 19, 2018, 05:13:36 PM »
    received this error message when sending mail: "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the required action. Please install an e-mail program or, if one already existed, create an association in the Default Program Control Panel.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: error message when sending mail
    « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
    have you gone to Control Panel, Default Programs and checked you have an associated program tied to your email software?
    what is your email software?, OS?
    what has happened between it work normally and this new error message? any software/Windows updates?

Jerry7235

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 06:35:02 PM »
      hi Mark,

I did, I put AOL (my e-mail server) as my default e-mail. Still can not forward files.Yes, I did  have a Windows update.

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 02:07:59 AM »
      I'm not aware that you can specify a browser as your default email, it wants a PC based program.unless you have installed some sort of AOL 'man in the middle' software.
      when exactly do you get your message, when you in are in your email system and try to send something you have just written or when you right click on a file, say a picture, and try to 'send to email recipient', or click a mailto:: link or something like that outside of an email program?
      are you Windows 10?