Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AMD Build  (Read 1829 times)

Ajfer03

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Your everyday nerd.
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
AMD Build
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:21:18 AM »
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to make an AMD computer build. I want everything possible to be AMD inside this computer. AMD is just my preference, I don't want to hear anything on why Intel is better. I know that AMD makes graphics cards, CPU's, and CPU coolers. Is there anything else that AMD manufactures that is a component to a computer? Such as Monitors or SSD's?
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: AMD Build
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 11:25:39 AM »
AMD is mainly CPU and GPU's.

Most AMD Motherboards have a AMD GPU or Nvidia GPU if integrated video is available with the board. Motherboards with APU sockets have option for using the APU for AMD CPU and GPU all in one processing as well as most have a PCI Express slot if you want to add a better GPU.

They never got into the Monitor, RAM,  and Hard Drive or SSD Market, however they do have a software product to make a Ram Drive where system RAM can be set up to act as a Virtual SSD, where programs in this space run like 22x faster than a SSD. However the data is saved back to a Hard Drive or SSD on shutdown, and at boot it makes for a longer boot time as the data repopulates into system RAM to create this vitual drive space.