Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer being a pain- common it won't print black issue  (Read 1836 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Printer being a pain- common it won't print black issue
« on: June 01, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »
Greetings ComputerHope,

I have this HP Photosmart 5510 printer that I purchased about 4 years ago, and barely used it then. it ended up sitting for the better part of those 4 years. Last time I used it, it printed perfectly. Upon getting it setup I anticipated cartridges drying and what not, but the colours printed, but black did not. upon doing some googling I learned how to "clean the print heads" with some damp towels and such following the youtube link posted here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thrZtvAhKm0&t=403s

Sadly after cleaning the print head about 3 times, and letting it sit in the cloth the printer still doesn't print black. The cartridges are old, and I bought new ones but still it prints nothing, just a white page (when attempting to print Grey Scale/black only)

I am getting cartridge stalled now from time to time, but was wondering if anyone has any other solution to possibly getting this going? I barely used it and feel bad after all the cash I spent on it.

I cleaned the top and the bottom print head, and only got colours pouring out on the cloth for a while, however last night I got a ton of black come out so I had hoped it had cleared. Guess not..