Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Code 43 with two Graphics Card in a row  (Read 1868 times)

jheldt

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Code 43 with two Graphics Card in a row
    « on: June 08, 2018, 02:07:55 AM »
    So I'm fairly tech savvy, I built this computer about 3 years ago. As far as I'm aware nothing is really faulty. I did replace my graphics card and hard drive recently to see if that may be the problem. I have tested the ram, had the motherboard tested, done virus/spyware scans, and a lot else.

If I install the driver that came with the graphics card it seems to work and with two monitors but I can only play a handful of games. I used to be able to play anything from skyrim, battlefield 4 and newer games but I haven't in some time. If I install the latest drivers via nvidia geforce experience It starts having code 43 though in the device manager. I'm updating windows right now and disabling it and turning it off to see if that will help, then trying to see if I can install the latest driver to see if it may help it.

I've ran a few other apps to see if everything is running smoothly, I don't think it's my cpu, ram or motherboard as far as I am aware. I did have to get a sound card to get sound working again though, it wouldn't work without one. The power supply should be in good shape and its 700 watts I believe maybe higher.

So far my display hasn't been messing up since i installed new hard drive, but it has already randomly crashed and going a little slow at times as well. I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be, I think it may be hardware in nature but who knows, I'm contacting nvidia to see if they can come up with anything.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Code 43 with two Graphics Card in a row
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:44:37 AM »
    Are you running any overclocking with this build? Also your integrated sound died on the main board and you had to add a sound card?

Any history of the original sound as to what lead up to its failure, such as after a power surge or bad storm etc?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Code 43 with two Graphics Card in a row
    « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:19 PM »
    43 is a hardware error,,,if its happened with 2 cards then i suspect it's the MBoard.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "