Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I access my files  (Read 2594 times)

jirehphotos

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    How can I access my files
    « on: June 22, 2018, 08:55:04 PM »
    Hi.  I have two questions. My first question is there any way I can my previous post? I had a similar problem and the answer may be there. Second question as you can see from the screenshot that the files are in the folder but I can't them. It is only showing one file. They are not hidden. I tried that already. Can you please tell me how to gain access to the them?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How can I access my files
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
    Clik your Pic or User Name...select Show Posts...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 01:42:28 PM »
    You copied the files from a backup onto a different system, so they are not "owned" by your user account. You will have to Take Ownership of the files you restored from a backup (as per your other thread).
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

jirehphotos

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:04:39 PM »
      Thanks Patio. I was able to find my previous post and realized that it is not that the same situation.

Thanks BC_Programmer. My situation is a little different this time. Actually this time the folders are on an external drive. These are pics that I shot and downloaded them straight the drive. I had access to them before but I had to reconnect them to my Lightroom catalog and noticed that they are not showing up. I did however try what you suggested. I googled how to take ownership but I don't have a security tab as an option on my properties folder.