Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: is my computer strong enough?  (Read 8716 times)

newbie128

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    is my computer strong enough?
    « on: June 23, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »
    Hi guys,
    I just got a new acer, about a week ago, and had a question. I want to download origin on it to play a game but am not sure if my computer can take it. This is a computer that I need to be fast for school and did not want downloading origin to slow it down. I am nervous  that my computer  will get messed up. Do I have a reason to be nervous?

My Computer is a Aspire E 15. New from warehouse.
    Thanks,
    Newbie128

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: is my computer strong enough?
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 03:04:36 PM »
    Assuming you downloaded it from a legitimate source and not a torrent, you're fine.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 03:42:39 PM »
    Assuming its the Origin game client, the client will install to any modern Windows computer, however depending on what game you want to run through this client service it may or may not be supported. You need to look at the game titles you want to play and minimum or suggested system requirements. The biggest thing is the GPU processing power which the Acer E 15 will likely struggle with most games offered through Origin, but games like Plants vs Zombies will probably play ok as long as not the Garden Warfare version. This all assuming your talking about the client as linked here: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/

What are the hardware specs of your Acer E series laptop? It comes in a variety of CPUs and there are differences between the i3 and i5 or lesser processing power processor. If you dont know the specs if you search for CONTROL to go to control panel and then Click on SYSTEM it will bring up system specs and will show the processor your laptop has as well as how much RAM you have.

Image attached shows my system specs of my electron sipper desktop build that runs on a low power consumption APU and saves on the electric bill. You should see specs like this for your build with whatever APU or CPU you have and RAM amount.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 04:28:17 PM »
    Regardless, to answer your original question you did no harm to your computer if you downloaded the game from a legitimate source.

CaptainStark

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 10:33:56 AM »
      Any update from OP? Just wanted to see how the acer actually held up. Not a fan of the brand, just hearing a lot of negative stuff about it as a gaming laptop.

Mikeaustin

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 07:57:03 AM »
        Download origin from a legit source and also make do not run multiple things at the same and your system will be good

Jamesdaniel

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
          « Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
          Ya go with it!

Dat one

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 06:32:48 AM »
            Should be fine. If not, simply uninstall it

Shandy

Intermediate
              « Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 11:03:49 AM »
              If you're going to be installing large games through origin you might want to keep the HDD regularly defragged. You could use Windows defrag but personally I like Defraggler by Piriform, use the free version though, no need to purchase the "pro" version.