Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random files with pictures I have never seen appearing on my desktop  (Read 4419 times)

Sachiko

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    For about a year now, I have been finding files with photos of people and art. I don’t know if this is a malware from a game with a virus or just from social sites. I found photos of a woman and her son in one file and pictures of cartoon characters in another. Please help!

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Random files with pictures I have never seen appearing on my desktop
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:52:03 PM »
    what is your OS and AV software?what have you tried so far; scans?, investigations?, do the folder names or file names bear any resemblance to anything connected to you?

OliviaRoss

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:51:02 AM »
      it is interesting. The worst case scenario is that someone has a remote control of your device and messing with you or you have malware that works silently and these are the indicators of its activity.
      Use some software for virus termination. Av or anti-malware tools can fully scan your PC and detect, remove threats.
      Try it

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:31:04 AM »
      no response from the OP in over a month - reckon he has worked it out.  ;)