Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot loop  (Read 1795 times)

Stefant277

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Boot loop
    « on: August 02, 2018, 01:32:56 AM »
    My lenovo g580 is stuck in boot menu. I ve tried changing boot priority order before and it worked but now it is not working

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Boot loop
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:43:10 AM »
    Try to be a bit more descriptive, did you make any changes to your computer's bios recently other that the boot priority? Has anything damaged your PC recently? How old is this computer? Has there been any other issues as well?

The best I can tell you is to look up a video on how to remove your CMOS battery, (looks like small silver button) which will reset your BIOS to default settings which may help. Make sure to remove your laptop's main battery before you do so, then hit the power button a few times to discharge the laptop of any residual charges. After the CMOS battery is out, wait 2 minutes and reinsert the battery, and close up your laptop. plug yourself into a wall outlet just for good measure and try booting up. If this problem persists then it may be something to do with your hard drive. Please comment back here once you have tried the battery removal solution. If it is your hard drive you may need to re-install windows.
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky