Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Snap for just Firefox  (Read 2552 times)

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
Snap for just Firefox
« on: August 02, 2018, 07:10:03 AM »
I really like the feature of Snap where if you drag down the title bar of a maximized Firefox window, the window halves in size. However the auto-maximizing of smaller windows I find a real nuisance. Is there a way to have the feature that I like, without having to suffer the irritation of the other ? I thought maybe a SNAP confined to a program of choice - like you can do with 'Always on top'. Does anyone know ? I run Win10 32bit v1803 on a PC

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Snap for just Firefox
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 06:19:35 PM »
I can leave SNAP disabled to avoid unwanted resizing, and resize Firefox by means of Win-Up and Win-Down hotkeys.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Snap for just Firefox
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
The options that are provided within Windows itself are somewhat limited, but the internal settings, which are stored in the registry, might provide the additional granularity you want.

Code: [Select]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop has a "DockMoving" value which as I understand it corresponds to the feature where moving a window to the left, right, or top of a screen will attempt to dock to either side, or maximize when dragged to the top. If you change this value to zero, you may be able to have it so you can drag maximized windows and have them auto-restore, without having them maximize if you drag windows to the top.

There are no program-specific settings as far as I can find.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.