Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: have someone help me  (Read 2584 times)

DavidRooneyz

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    have someone help me
    « on: August 07, 2018, 10:56:14 PM »
    have someone help me okay
    How to turn off the software update when shutdown and start the machine on win 10. This made my machine really slow down a lot! hope someone will help me, i am currently using win 10 home version!!!

Thank u so much

CaptainStark

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: have someone help me
      « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »
      Do you mean automatic software updates? I think one trick is giving Windows the idea that you are using a metered connection. Turn on "metered connection" in the Settings of Network&Connection.

EndOfForever

Rookie

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: have someone help me
      « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
      This is a temporary solution to your problem but probably the best one for someone in your position.  Right click the windows icon on the bottom left of your desktop and click on settings. Select update & security which should be at the bottom of the list.  Next, scroll down a little bit and select Advanced options.  Lastly, switch the "pause updates" from off to on.  This lets your computer be free from updates for 35 days, but you will be forced to update after that time.  I recommend using this setting and when you have a spare moment to have your computer update itself, go to the page you found advanced settings on and update the computer.  It gives you a fresh 35 day cycle of no updating every time you update to the latest version.

Anyone else miss the days of service packs?
      PM me for useless computer facts.