Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I set the default theme location back to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes?  (Read 7008 times)

jameskapoor

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Very frusturatingly, Windows randomly decided that it was going to use "My Documents" as the default check and save location for Themes. Even though it's SUPPOSED to be in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. It's as if it forgot the folder even existed. When I make a new theme, it saves to "My Documents." Even when I move them back to ...Themes where they once again are SUPPOSED to be, it now only checks "My Documents." And now, with the themes I just moved back to ...Themes, Properties decides that "the theme could not load" because it won't look in ...Themes instead of Documents. I am at my wit's end with this nonsense and would like to know if I can easily set the themes back to their rightful location.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    If this installation of Windows is from an image download of XP you got off the web, it could be flawed. Seen some people have issues like this before and find out in the end that they were using a cracked version of XP and that's why.

Do you have your system recovery media or authentic Windows XP installation media in case you need to reinstall XP?

Lastly there should be a key in the registry that holds the path and changing this keys path should fix this if you want to go that route, but I don't have XP in front of me to point out which key it is.