Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth take too long to pair  (Read 1861 times)

brav3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Bluetooth take too long to pair
    « on: August 17, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »
    Hi everyone!

I have this weird problem going on for about a weeks and I just got time for it now, every-time I tried to paired my phone and bluetooth speaker on my computer it takes a lot of time to successfully paired (10 mins), it's ok for me as long as it paired but I'm just curious if it's the standard or not? Or it take that long because of my pc specs and my devices are old enough? I already remove and update my BT software but it still the same. Any body has an idea? Here's my PC specs and device.

1. asus rog strix z370-e (I'm using the antenna that has been provided by asus)
    2. Intel i7-8700
    3. note 4
    4. doss soundbox touch
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:54:30 AM by brav3 »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bluetooth take too long to pair
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 01:25:28 PM »
    Quick answer.
    No, that is not normal behavior.

I buy cheap junk all the time and find  the junk junk sometimes works as goo ad the pricey stuff. My cheap Bluetooth speaker will pair in about ten seconds.

The bandwidth needed for audio is very low, that is why Bluetooth is the choice for short range audio applications. Lower bandwidth should mean more reliability.

Most likely you have a mechanical failure. Like a disconnected antenna.

A copy of the manual would help.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1319041/Asus-Rog-Strix-Z370-E-Gaming.html
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:06:58 PM by Geek-9pm »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:27:19 PM »
    Forgot to mention. There are some issues that can arise with that motherboard.
    The OP needs to try again with some peripherals disconnected. A high performance do-it-yourself system has some potential issues with peripherals, liker printers, external drives,cameras and stuff Ike that. Rare, but easy to check.

Such Bluetooth issues have been documented by Apple. Yeah, he does not have an Apple, but the 2.4 GHz inference issues are not limited to make of  of computer.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542
    Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference
    Learn how to minimize wireless interference that can cause slower performance or disconnection from your Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth devices.
    Not mentioned are wireless printers that have the potential to mess with Bluetooth.
    I do hope this helps.  :)

CaptainStark

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 03:12:53 AM »
      Forgot to mention. There are some issues that can arise with that motherboard.
      The OP needs to try again with some peripherals disconnected. A high performance do-it-yourself system has some potential issues with peripherals, liker printers, external drives,cameras and stuff Ike that. Rare, but easy to check.

Such Bluetooth issues have been documented by Apple. Yeah, he does not have an Apple, but the 2.4 GHz inference issues are not limited to make of  of computer.
      https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542Not mentioned are wireless printers that have the potential to mess with Bluetooth.
      I do hope this helps.  :)

Oh, that's quite of a helpful info. thanks for this

brav3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »
        Thanks for the reply, I now figured out the problem it seems there's something wrong with the antenna provided when I disconnected it the pairing to my devices take only a couple of seconds.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
        brav3,
        Thanks for sharing, That can help others.
        Also, you ought to inform the vendor or maker that the antenna  is bad.
        They are tolerable find out what went wrong.
        Maybe they already know:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_hBw3RFQM
        This video shows they  did Bluetooth over six years ago. By now they would have found the design problems, if any.  :)